Abbott Paint & Carpet, a family owned and operated retail business, has an immediate opening for an ambitious, self-reliant 3-4 day per week (24-30 total hours, including Saturdays and some Sundays) Design Intern who will help our customers find products that match their unique personal style. Come work and learn with us, where you’ll:
- Conduct in-store, along with some on-site design consultations to identify the right product to match the customer’s personal style, functional needs and budget;
- Learn how to provide quotes and immediate feedback to facilitate the ordering and installation process;
- Work with cross functional teams within our stores to learn start to finish project management;
- Serve as a liaison between manufacture vendors, customers, installers and our back office to ensure the best customer experience;
- Build local relationships with other professionals who rely on our services.
The Good Stuff – Compensation & Benefits
- Comprehensive training to understand business goals, ongoing projects and current processes.
- Ongoing systems, tools and business training, with room for suggestions/improvements.
- Hourly pay- to be determined upon hire, and hours can be flexible for school schedule
About Abbott Paint & Carpet
Abbott Paint & Carpet was founded in 1945 by Howard (Mike) Abbott Jr, father to four proud sons, who now run the day-to-day operations: Kevin, Steve, Tim and Dave. Mike retired in 1990, but stayed present in the store for another 16 years!
At Abbott Paint & Carpet, it’s a family affair, as many of our employees and customers have been with us for the past two generations. Why? Because our experience makes the difference and people know we are here to help them through every project; before, during and after. From consultation to completion, Abbotts is here for you.
The successful candidate will be creative, energetic, organized and detail oriented. In addition, candidates will be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while employing a polished and professional approach when dealing with people. If you have prior sales experience, that’s great, but it’s not required. Our training program will give you all the tools necessary for your success. In your background, you will have demonstrated:
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Drive and ambition
- Team oriented approach
- Energetic personality
- Interior design industry consulting experience preferred
- A project manager mentality
- Proficiency with appropriate design programs & technologies