Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 4,400 apartments and townhomes. These homes provide stability to more than 9,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, you’ll discover hard work that’s worth it. Learn more about Aeon at www.aeon.org.
We are seeking a highly mature, motivated, dependable person to perform front desk assistant duties with some light security functions at our Downtown Minneapolis supportive housing community, The Alliance. The Front Desk Assistant will report to the Property Manager.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Must become closely acquainted with the property and its residents, vendors, etc. in order to foster a sense of community and home while maintaining professional boundaries
· Enforce building rules and regulations, monitor building’s security cameras and alarms, and maintain the harmony of the residents and their guests
· Must be able to take charge and direct others in emergencies as they arise
· Compose comprehensive reports outlining observations and activities during your assigned shift
· Administrative duties including assembling resident files, processing move-in and move-out paperwork, assisting Property Manager with recertification paperwork for existing residents and other duties as assigned
· Answer/route all incoming phone calls, maintain welcoming environment, answer general inquiries
· Assist residents and effectively and professionally diffuse resident or visitor confrontations, while acting decisively in any crisis situation
· Effectively and accurately communicate all housing requirements/criteria for incoming marketing inquiries
· Maintain desk area and lobby to ensure neat and professional appearance
Skills and Qualifications
· 1+ years of administrative experience or the equivalent required
· Must possess excellent verbal communication skills, exceptional phone etiquette and superior customers service
· Proven ability to create and sustain positive resident relations while maintaining professional boundaries
· Must show good judgment and common sense, follow directions and directives from supervisors, and follow company policies and guidelines
· Knowledge of, and ability to, operate under fair housing laws and regulations
· Proven ability to work independently and on a team
· Must have a professional appearance and attitude, and be able to interact with the public
· Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize
· Must be a self-starter and problem-solver
· Must have the ability to maintain prompt and committed attendance
1st Shift, Monday – Friday 6:30am-2:30pm. Hours are not flexible. Candidate must have the ability to commit to listed schedule.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Aeon offers an impressive benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/1227499.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.