Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 4,400 apartments and townhomes. These homes provide stability to more than 9,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, you’ll discover hard work that’s worth it. Learn more about Aeon at www.aeon.org.
We are seeking a highly skilled, seasoned Maintenance professional to join our team at Seasons Park in Richfield, MN as the Maintenance Supervisor. The Maintenance Supervisor will perform maintenance duties and lead the maintenance staff at our 422-unit apartment community, ensuring that Aeon standards are met in each of the following areas: preventative maintenance, safety and security, physical condition, market appeal, customer service promises, and utility conservation standards. The Maintenance Supervisor will report directly to the Property Manager.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Maintain a market ready schedule board: Create and update daily a market ready schedule board. Effectively schedule vendors to perform work. Oversee and/or assist with all necessary work to bring vacant units to a marketable state within five days. Ensure that all market ready inventory goals have been met on a monthly basis. Conduct follow up and inspections of market ready apartments to ensure they are up to Aeon standards.
· Control expenses by using budget perimeters: Remain aware of operating budget affecting areas of responsibility and manage expenses accordingly. Aid in the negotiation of competitive pricing on maintenance supplies. Obtain bids from vendors for regular operating and capital budget projects. Obtain a purchase order or work order for all work and/or supplies ordered per policy. Participate in budget preparation and monitoring on a weekly basis.
· Maintain a high quality of property and curb appeal standard: Inspect property for hazardous or potential liability situations as requested. Personally inspect property grounds on a daily basis to ensure proper clean up and pool care have been accomplished. Inspect property, with the Site Manager, on a weekly basis to ensure property standards have been met.
· Coordinate, perform, and record preventative maintenance schedule: Oversee all aspects of the preventative maintenance schedule. Appropriately assign tasks to accomplish the daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual preventative maintenance goals, and complete such inspections/repairs where appropriate.
· Lead, motivate, and direct maintenance staff: Ensure effectiveness of staff through ongoing training, mentoring and working through performance matters in an effective and timely manner. Supervise and cross train maintenance and janitorial team members as needed. Ensure growth of the team by instructing them to attend various seminars and classes. Assist and perform annual reviews for each maintenance and janitorial staff member. Adequately document all disciplinary policies and procedures. Use delegation skills to effectively manage time as well as cross train other staff members. Observe all time reporting.
· Maintain a high quality of make ready standard: Independently inspect each make ready to ensure that standards have been accomplished.
· Monitor vendor performance: Continually monitor vendor invoices and performance. Communicate with vendors concerning unsatisfactory performance and/or invoice issues.
· Control maintenance shop supply and equipment inventory: Maintain an inventory of maintenance equipment and ensure the upkeep and secure storage. Inventory supplies on a monthly basis, compile order of supplies needed to replenish stock and/or complete scheduled maintenance tasks. Present all supply/equipment orders to Site Manager for approval where necessary and purchase order.
· Complete Maintenance Work Orders: Assist with or assume the duties of maintenance staff. Including emergency on call duties if necessary. Maintenance duties include but are not limited to: Plumbing, Electrical, Appliance repair, Air handler and general HVAC maintenance, Lock changes, Apartment turnovers, Preventative maintenance, Installation and repair of window coverings, doors, cabinets, light fixtures, etc;
· Ensure timely and accurate completion of all resident service requests: Ensure all resident service requests are completed in a professional and timely manner and all requests are addressed within 24 hours. Independently review each request to determine proper course of action and perform or assign to other maintenance staff as appropriate.
· Communicate and partner daily with Site Manager: Keep in constant communication with Site Manager each day. Work together with Site Manager as a team to ensure that success and the highest standards are accomplished. Must be available, along with the Site Manager, for any unusual emergency situations that may occur after business hours.
· Prepare and pass all inspections: Prepare and monitor quality for all inspections. This includes REAC, Section 8, MPHA, etc. Communicate with Site Manager extra needs and supplies needed to pass inspection. Communicate with inspectors in a professional manner. Conduct any and all follow up needed.
· Attend all required meetings and trainings: Attend and participate in all required meetings and trainings by Aeon. Attend educational opportunities presented and maintain a high level of knowledge regarding all aspects of maintenance and management. Present yourself in a professional manner at all times.
Skills & Qualifications
· Must have 3+ years proven maintenance skills including, but not limited to: plumbing, electrical, general carpentry, painting, advanced HVAC, and appliance trouble shooting
· Excellent supervisory and leadership skills
· Candidate must also have strong people skills and enjoy working with a diverse clientele
· Positive attitude, enthusiastic, dynamic and energetic behavior desirable
· Must possess superior attention to detail and have good quantitative skills
· Familiar with landlord-tenant and fair housing laws
· Possess a prideful work ethic and be a team player
· Possess a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and vehicle insurance
· Own basic tools
· PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
o Ability to stand, walk, reach, climb, bend and kneel
o Ability to lift up to 30 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally
o Ability to reach above and below the shoulders
o Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp, twist and pull
o Withstand external weather conditions such as working outside in the rain, cold, heat or other adverse weather
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Aeon offers an impressive benefit package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/1233835.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.