Resource Development Manager
Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 4,300 apartments and townhomes. These homes provide stability to more than 9,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, you’ll discover hard work that’s worth it. Learn more about Aeon at www.aeon.org.
The Resource Development Manager is responsible for implementing strategy for key fundraising activities at the organization. In collaboration with the Vice President of Advancement and other members of the team, this position will develop a strategic fundraising plan and be integral in the execution of many pieces of that plan. The position particularly focuses on the annual fund, grants, stewardship and fundraising strategies for events. The Resource Development Manager also provides oversight for database management. The role supervises the Grant Writer and Salesforce Administrator positions. This position will participate in the innovation and execution of fundraising strategies that will develop donors and grow revenue to support Aeon’s initiative to produce and preserve 3,000 additional affordable apartment homes by 2022. The Resource Development Manager reports to the Vice President of Advancement.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Management: Play a leadership role within the Advancement team at Aeon. Supervise the Salesforce Administrator and Grant Writer. Lead a successful, collaborative team that meets established goals and timelines and works with other Aeon leaders and managers to implement Aeon’s overall vision and strategic plans. Promote a culture of continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to equity and diversity. Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach.
- Annual Fund: Participate in strategy development and lead the execution of annual fund strategies, including direct mail and fundraising efforts at events. Develop and execute strategies to achieve Aeon’s goals for retention and acquisition. In collaboration with the Advancement Assistant, manage the annual fund gifting experience, including timely receipt of acknowledgements and the pledge fulfillment process. Project manage the annual staff fundraising campaign. Lead the Aeon Young Professionals community group to build Aeon’s network of support.
- Grants: Supervise the Grant Writer. Oversee submission of and reporting on grants for institutional funders. Facilitate the research of new opportunities and participate in relationship-building strategy development for key funders. Engage and work with contract grant writing and research support as needed.
- Advancement Team Activities: Participate as an active member of the Advancement team, including supporting other activities as needed, including special events, donor communications, and etc. Actively develop and maintain relationships to help recruit for other Advancement team positions. Represent Aeon at public events. Pursue professional development activities to broaden and enhance skill set.
Skills & Qualifications
- At least 3-5 years of fund development or sales experience
- Grant writing and/or fundraising experience in a nonprofit setting preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team setting with common goals
- Ability to co-manage important relationships with colleagues
- Keen attention to details
- Excellent time management skills
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Aeon offers an impressive benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/1154993.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.