Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 4,400 apartments and townhomes. These homes provide stability to more than 9,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, you’ll discover hard work that’s worth it. Learn more about Aeon at www.aeon.org.
Aeon is seeking a dedicated Staff Accountant with strong attention to detail to join our Accounting Team. This position will be primarily focused on Property Management and Operations. The position requires good financial, analytical and problem-solving skills. The Staff Accountant will interact with a variety of internal and external personnel, requiring strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships. The Staff Accountant reports to the Property Accounting Manager.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing and performing:
· Review and process accounts payable including processing vendor payments
· Vendor statement reconciliation
· Intercompany accounting
· Sales and use tax monitoring and filings
· General ledger and vacancy reconciliations
· Bank statement reconciliation
· Month end financial close and reporting
· Assist in annual audits and budgeting process
Skills & Qualifications
- Formal education and/or training in accounting, finance or related field or applicable work experience is required
- Financial, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel
- Ability to engage in high level customer service that is culturally responsive, ensuring consideration for differing needs and expectations of staffs, vendors, etc… is required
- Yardi experience preferred, but not required
- Must be a resourceful problem solver with an attention to details and a seeker of excellence who values results, hard work, customer service, and loyalty to Aeon’s mission
- Compensation is commensurate with experience. Aeon offers an impressive benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit the external link provided.
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.