Temporary Administrative Assistant
(Scattered Apartment Communities in South Minneapolis, MN)
Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 4,400 apartments and townhomes. These homes provide stability to more than 9,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, you’ll discover hard work that’s worth it. Learn more about Aeon at www.aeon.org.
We are seeking a temporary, Administrative Assistant to support our set of apartment communities in South Minneapolis, The Minneapolis 220, with a variety of administrative functions in our efforts to create and preserve quality affordable housing. The Temporary Administrative Assistant will report to the Site Manager.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Resident/Property Relations: Respond to resident, vendor and management needs, issues, or problems. Duties may include: entering maintenance requests, granting access as needed, attending community meetings as needed and responding to emergencies.
- Property Finances: Support the rent collection process including: preparing deposits, and creating delinquent letters.
- Marketing & Leasing: Obtain occupancy goals as set by the budget/organization by marketing, processing applications, retaining residents, and affirmative marketing.
- Office/Administrative Support: Support the site office by being present during property office hours, answering telephone, filing, sorting mail, maintaining office equipment, ordering office supplies, referring residents, providing accurate rental information, and giving access to vendors/contractors.
- Physical Asset: Support the Property Manager to ensure unit and common area components pass all physical inspections. Inspect apartments during move-in and move outs, and annual inspections, walking apartments and the community as needed.
- Compliance: Support the Property Manager in achieving overall compliance of the property, including, but not limited to collecting, processing and properly filing of the required information.
Skills & Qualifications
- Previous Property Management experience and/or a minimum of 2+ years of administrative support experience is strongly preferred
- Ability to engage in high level customer service that is culturally responsive, ensuring consideration for differing needs and expectations of residents, staffs, vendors, community members, etc…
- Must be a resourceful problem solver with an attention to details and a seeker of excellence who values results, hard work, customer service, and loyalty to Aeon’s mission
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, be adaptable and comfortable in a high energy environment
- Strong computer literacy skills preferred
- Valid drivers’ license, reliable vehicle and vehicle insurance required
$16 per hour. This is a full-time position that is scheduled to be open for about 11 weeks or more.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit the external application link on Handshake.
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.