Event Planning Intern (6 month internship)
Type: Part-time, 10 hours per week
Effective dates: November 1, 2020 – April 1, 2021
Alliance Française is currently seeking an enthusiastic and creative individual to work as part-time Events Intern. The Events Intern holds office hours 10 hours per week and has the flexibility to set their own schedule.
Depending on the University, internship can be used for college credit.
The Event Planning Intern is responsible for assisting the Cultural Events Coordinator in organizing and executing upcoming Alliance Française events.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, many of AFMSP’s events are held online. There are, however, some in-person, outdoor and socially-distanced events, where it is required to wear a mask. The Events Planning intern will be working remotely for some of the events planning tasks but may be asked to hold hours at the Alliance Française for preparation of onsite events. Using a personal phone and computer will be essential while working from home.
This is a team-oriented position with an emphasis on the importance of collaborative work. The Events Planning intern will also work with the Graphic Design Intern and other staff and volunteers at AFMSP.
After an event has passed, it will be the Events Planning Intern’s responsibility to document the event’s income and attendance in the past events database.
The practice of French is not essential but highly appreciated. The intern must have a curiosity for the French culture and language.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintain office hours of a total of 10 per week, 4 of which must be at AFMSP. Any travel or direct interaction at a client location offsite will be counted among office hours.
· In addition to assisting with the organization and execution of AFMSP events, the Events intern will also perform event-related duties such as: writing copy for event publications, editing the website events pages, contacting guest speakers and vendors, and soliciting donations.
· Dress & behave professionally (business casual in office & semi-formal for events)
· Inform staff of any scheduling changes or absences
· Check email, be prompt with responses during office hours
· Volunteer for at least two AFMSP sponsored events each month; inform event coordinator of the events you plan on attending
· Attend intern meetings to share ideas, tasks and updates
· Work closely with the Cultural Events Coordinator to plan event details, reception staff to market events, and Graphic Design Intern to create promotions for events. Confirm that social media is updated. Intern may assign postings to others to get them posted in a timely manner.
· Update monthly event calendars on the network.
· After an event, add event details to the Past Events Database.
· After an event, alert Office Manager as to what supplies need to be restocked.
· Arrange/put away furniture for in-person events.
· Help develop and maintain social media promotions.
· Write copy about events for our website.
· Prepare Event valise for offsite events.
Internships are unpaid. AFMSP will sign off on class credit, if your institution offers it. Interns are invited to take free classes at AFMSP (class materials and membership fee not included). Free parking on-site at AFMSP.
To apply, send Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com.