Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 16 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
The Commons, located in Minneapolis, is the headquarters of Allina Health, a not-for-profit health care organization serving patients and communities. Approximately 1,600 corporate and administrative service employees work at offices within Midtown Exchange, the site of the historic Sears retail complex at Chicago Avenue and E. Lake Street. This community landmark, adjacent to the campus of Abbott Northwestern Hospital, part of Allina Health, is the second largest building in Minnesota and includes offices, an internationally themed public market and residential units.
Req ID: 58763
This requisition is not for a specific job opportunity. This requisition is to establish candidates who are interested in current and future Respiratory Therapist opportunities with Allina Health. Allina Health may or may not have an immediate opportunity that fits your unique experience and skill set. As new opportunities arise, our Talent Acquisition team may connect with you to determine next steps.
- Respiratory assessment and therapeutic intervention: SVN, MDI, airway clearance techniques, lung expansion techniques, NPPV, deep breathing and effective cough techniques, ETT/trach tube management, nasopharyngeal suctioning, nasotracheal suctioning, suctioning of tracheostomy and airway management
- Critical care management/monitoring of mechanical ventilation: invasive and non-invasive ventilation, ventilation during transport with transport ventilator and/or MRI ventilator, manual resuscitation, suctioning of ET tube or tracheostomy, weaning assessment with documentation of Wean Me protocol, respiratory mechanics, wave form analysis, non-traditional modes and techniques, Nitric Oxide, rapid response and Dr. Blue Team participation
- Patient and employee safety: demonstrates understanding of their role in developing and maintaining an environment that is safe for patients, visitors and employees
- Patient and family education for disease management: inhaler techniques, peak flow monitoring, and tobacco cessation
- Diagnostic testing and analysis: bedside spirometry, bronchoscopy assist (when needed), ABG puncture and analysis for iSTAT, nocturnal sleep studies, desaturation assessments, capnography, apnea testing, weaning parameters
- Coordination of care
- Graduate of an AMA approved Respiratory Care Program inclusive of a critical care rotation in an acute care facility.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1 year of previous critical care experience preferred, will consider new graduate
- The incumbent must possess the ability to organize large workloads and work well under stress
- Must possess the ability to assess patients and make appropriate interventions, and apply critical thinking
- Effective communication and time management skills required
- Current licensure status with the MN Board of Medical Practice
- Credentialed by the NBRC as an RRT
- RRT credential required within 1 year of hire for all new grad RTs hired after 1/1/11
- Current BLS certification
- Current ACLS certification
- Current PALS certification. Certification required within 1 year of hire for all RTs hired after 1/1/17
Various shifts and hours per week available. Includes weekend and/or holiday rotations.
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer