The Columbia Threadneedle Investments 2021 Summer Undergraduate Intern Program is designed to provide students with first-hand investment management experience. The Columbia Wanger Asset Management team performs in-depth research on small-and-mid-cap equities, with an emphasis on forming a differentiated view to identify attractively priced stocks. A team of dedicated sector analysts and portfolio managers collaborate to choose investments for client portfolios. Inputs include multifactor quantitative models that augment top-down and bottoms-up fundamental analysis.
In addition to specific on-the-job learning, the program will also be supplemented with several networking opportunities and broad asset management overview sessions. Additionally, all interns will prepare a presentation based on their specific experience. Upon successful completion of the internship, full-time employment offers for the Columbia Threadneedle Investments Leadership Development Program may be extended.
The intern will perform sector-and-company specific research under the direction of sector analysts, interacting daily with experienced investment professionals and portfolio managers. The intern’s work will culminate in a sector and stock presentation to the Columbia Wanger Asset Management team. Additional opportunities may include ad-hoc research projects on timely sub-sectors or stocks.
• Junior Status (Graduating between December 2021 and Spring 2022)
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Majors/Minors in Finance, Quantitative or Science fields including Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Statistics or Applied Mathematics
• Student Leadership Experience
• High level of intellectual curiosity and aptitude for solving complex problems
• Exceptional quantitative, writing and presentation skills
• Demonstrated interest in financial markets