The Ameriprise Financial Finance intern program offers participating individuals exposure to a broad range of business initiatives, along with the chance to gain experience in one of the following areas:
Risk & Control Services
Responsibilities vary depending on assigned team and may include:
• Complete federal and state tax returns for various legal entities.
• Gain knowledge about the general ledger, tax accounting, internal controls and how we report data.
• Learn the steps to reach the bottom line and the relationships between separate line items.
• Create decision support based analytics for business partners.
• Build cost benefit analysis, budgeting and forecasting.
• Provide the financial metrics for project management.
• Balance sheet management, due diligence and process re-engineering.
• Current juniors pursuing majors in finance, accounting, economics or mathematics
• Excellent academic performance; a minimum of a 3.3 GPA
• Demonstrated leadership ability
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent writing and presentation skills
• Able to work effectively at all levels of the organization
• High level of self-motivation with demonstrated integrity and ethics
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Proven ability to pick up new concepts quickly