The Financial Analyst performs general analysis on the monthly business results and plays a vital role in the development of regular budgets, forecasts and strategic plans. The Financial Analyst also leads the preparation of presentations to senior management and the board of directors.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time:
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the company’s performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan.
- Maintain and develop various financial models and standard templates distributed for use during the planning processes, ensuring quality, accuracy and focused analytic review.
- Support the Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), in the development of budgets, forecasts and strategic plans.
- Research and resolve inquiries from business partners.
- Perform monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analysis.
- Prepare financial reports, charts, tables and other exhibits as requested.
- Assists manufacturing facilities in creating analysis tools or models.
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance.
- Ad hoc projects as assigned by management.
- Understand and facilitate the integration of business processes, people, and relevant technology, in order to identify, configure, and communicate useful information, and to provide practical business leadership to drive business decision making across the company.
- Identify non-value added processes within the department and seek solutions along with identifying opportunities for performance improvement and efficiencies across the organization.
- Work with auditors and provide appropriate information as required.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
The following are required competencies of the position that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job:
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls and apply them.
- Insightful use of financial analysis techniques, tools, and concepts, to provide practical counsel to business area partners and management to drive business results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion are required.
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems.
- Strong presence with the ability to interact with Senior Leadership.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Windows, MS Office Suite including; Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook, internet/intranet, financial planning and reporting software.
- Proven ability to build effective professional relationships across all levels of the company.
- Exceptional attention to detail, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of procedural controls and data validation techniques required.
- Professional communication skills for both internal and external customers, coworkers, team members and consultants.
- Ability to influence senior leadership as to their business needs.
- Must have high level of discretion and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Demonstrated strong teamwork skills, with the ability to lead, participate, and/or work directly with cross-functional teams and/or individuals.
- Ability to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adapt to a continually changing environment.
- Detail oriented, be quality minded.
- Possess traits of honesty and integrity, creativity and flexibility.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience in a dairy manufacturing setting preferred
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills including pivot tables, charts and formulas
- Experience with WRP systems, including extracting data, developing Microsoft Power BI reports, dashboards and macros
- Financial modeling experience
- Licenses/Certificates: None required, CPA a plus
- Experience with Oracle/JDE, SQL, Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS MENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Office – Work is performed in a general office environment with low to moderate noise exposure. May on occasion be exposed to loud sounds and distracting noise levels, such as from office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk or hear; taste or smell. The majority of the time is spent seated at a work station with access to telephone, computer, printer, files, and reference materials. Requires frequent verbal communication either in person, by telephone or by use of online interactive communication, to interact with vendors, suppliers, and consultants. Requires frequent written communication by requiring frequent typing and writing. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office – This job operates in a professional office environment. Employees will work face-to-face with others on a daily basis. Some may share office space. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually low. May on occasion be exposed to loud sounds and distracting noise levels, such as from office equipment. The employee may be exposed to very low levels of ammonia.
Associated Milk Producers Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.