If you get excited about networking, career development, and helping people succeed, joining Avivo’s career services team may be for you! We’re looking for Career Counselors who are professional, are a connector and passionate about people. The Career Counselor will provide career exploration, job placement and support services to individuals eligible for Avivo Employment Services. They will develop and maintain current employer partner relationships as well as develop new relationships with businesses to coordinate services in the community, place people into employment and provide retention supports to those actively employed. In response to current economy, we have several positions open in Minneapolis.
Avivo is a nonprofit organization which serves over 13,000 Minnesotans each year, helping them achieve recovery, employment, and career advancement. We believe everyone deserves the chance to live well and work well. Avivo provides chemical and mental health services, career and technical education, and employment services at locations in the Twin Cities and greater Minnesota. Avivo employees help individuals transform their lives – move out of poverty, find treatment and achieve recovery, end homelessness, train for and start careers, and secure jobs. At Avivo, employees experience worthwhile work and professional growth as part of a vibrant and diverse workforce. You have direct and positive impact in people’s lives and are a part of make lasting change in our community! avivomn.org
- Work closely with the Avivo Recruitment team to coordinate recruitment needs.
- Identify and market to individuals eligible for the Avivo Employment Services in the community support groups and/or other community resources.
- Assist with the facilitation of program informational sessions, enroll participants into program and complete needs assessment on all participants.
- Develop individual employment plans, setting goals to help participants stabilize their situations and work towards obtaining and retaining employment.
- Assist participants in accessing public and private resources to meet goals outlined in the plan.
- Coordinate activities related to the program including job clubs, mock interviewing, skills training and related.
- Facilitate short term skills training and employment readiness sessions including computer software, interviewing and related and involve business partners in job seeker activities, as well as assist in the building of participant confidence and self-esteem.
- Provide resume and cover letter development and revision. Utilize job search resource room, assisting job seekers with on-line applications, editing resume and cover letters, on-line job searches.
- Complete documentation on each job seeker interaction and progress towards their goals, using in-house and state databases in timely manner.
- Complete all reporting, documentation and program administrative requirements using various computer databases including: WorkforceOne, SalesForce/Exponent, papersave, etc.
- Provide Job Development – make cold calls and visits to new employers to introduce them to Avivo, providing information on services offered and the Avivo participants looking for employment.
- Develop and maintain relationships with each member of the current Business Partnership Council (BPC) along with other employer partners in the local business community.
- Know and understand current labor market trends, seeking out information as needed to effectively support job seekers in developing and reaching employment goals.
- Represent Avivo at employer-sponsored events that support cooperation and networking with recruiters and hiring managers.
- Ensure follow along and other retention supports are provided as needed to each participant.
- Bachelor’s Degree; or Associates Degree and 2 years of related work experience along with certification as a GCDF (Global Career Development Facilitator.)
- Placement and job development experience preferred.
- Experience working with adults with disabilities, veterans, immigrants or other barriers to employment helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the have the ability to work effectively with business partners, referring counselors and participants.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve quickly.
- Travel independently throughout the Twin Cities area.
BENEFITS INCLUDE: Avivo offers competitive salaries and compensation, including a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits include a generous PTO policy and company observed holidays as well as health and dental insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and a retirement savings plan. Health insurance coverage is also available for domestic partners, in addition to other optional benefits.
HOW TO APPLY: Please provide a letter of interest and resume highlighting your experiences and qualifications. Candidates are invited to submit their application online through our website: https://avivomn.org For Questions on your application, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Avivo is an equal opportunity employer and will recruit, hire, promote and transfer qualified persons into all job classifications regardless of race, gender, religion, skin color, national origin or ancestry, physical disability (including pregnancy) or mental disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, legally protected medical condition, family care status, marital status, veteran status, or genetic characteristics.