POSITION SUMMARY: Are you a community organizer? Are you passionate about the arts and social justice? Can you see yourself as a part of innovative program dedicated to increasing arts access within Hennepin County? Avivo ArtWorks is looking to hire a Community Coordinator to coordinate and implement art-based outreach services to members of the Avivo Community Support Program. The CSP provides community based programming, service and resources toward the empowerment of community living with chemical and mental health barriers. The ideal candidate will facilitate art groups, activities, and projects while also developing new programming. The ideal candidate strives to build and sustain relationships with community partners and seeks to provide culturally responsive, community-based direct services. The Community Coordinator will also meet with members to provide resources, complete intakes and linkage to services, artist career support, while supporting the overall health and quality of life of all CSP members.
· Facilitate artist career support to help further members’ art related goals.
· Assist members of the CSP in displaying their work with community art shows.
· Act as a bridge to services for members that may not otherwise get involved in art-based activities/services.
· Develop programs and strategies to advance the arts program to include more members as well as potential programs within Avivo.
· Lead groups, activities, and projects in the community and drive van to community outings as needed.
· Link members to culturally specific formal and informal community support.
· Recruit new members to the CSP, providing outreach to eligible residents of Hennepin County.
· Connect members to resources in the community such as: psychiatric services, economic assistance, Social Security, career support, housing resources, food shelves, etc.
· Provide direct member contact in the community, including in participant homes and at community activities.
· Actively participate in the division’s Trauma Informed Care Initiative and Motivational Interviewing; Support and implement evidence-based practices related to the specific program area.
· Employ a holistic approach including promoting wellness activities with members.
· Cross-collaborate with team members to build innovative, culturally responsive programming.
· Attend staff meetings, trainings, and participate as a partner in team/program development while contributing to discussions, actions, and projects.
· Represent ArtWorks both within Avivo and to the greater community. Build, foster, and ensure intra-divisional collaboration to maximize member access to the organization’s programs and services.
· Seek opportunities to provide education, training and skill building across service teams and service departments.
· Assist in enhancing marketable skills such as resume writing and portfolio building.
· Work within the team to assure that all benchmarks and goals are achieved.
· Perform and support involvement in the organizations commitment to undoing racism and reducing disparities.
· Communicate with supervisor and team about potential changes likely to impact services or program operations while actively contributing to problem solving to improve service delivery.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field, OR five years of experience in coordination of programming, community organizing in chemical, mental, or public health.
· Minimum 2 years experience in programming adults with serious and persistent mental illness
· Interest and ability in leading art programming and knowledge of the local arts community.
· Self-motivated, independent, and engaging in methods and work style
· Experience with and/or demonstrated commitment to developing and delivering culturally responsive services in a diverse continuum of services in fast paced, growing organization.
· Previous work experience in a behavioral health setting desirable.
· Working experience in a culturally diverse environment preferred
· Prior experience with programs serving individuals with dual diagnosis preferred.
WAGES: Starting at 42,000 per year. Competitive, depending on qualifications.
BENEFITS: Avivo offers competitive salaries and compensation, including a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits include a generous PTO policy and company observed holidays as well as health and dental insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and a retirement savings plan. Health insurance coverage is also available for domestic partners, in addition to other optional benefits.
HOW TO APPLY: Please provide a letter of interest and resume highlighting your experiences and qualifications through our website.
Avivo’s Chemical Mental Health Division is made up of three service Areas: Community Chemical and Mental Health, Supportive Housing and 245G Substance Use Disorder programs which provide a continuum of integrated services, including access, clinical treatment, care coordination and recovery support. We provide services that are innovative, person centered, strength based, and outcome driven. We strive for the highest quality of services using a culturally responsive approach in a trauma informed environment.
Avivo serves more than 13,000 Minnesotans each year, helping them achieve recovery, employment, and economic advancement. Founded in 1960, Avivo provides chemical and mental health services, career education, and employment services. We specialize in helping individuals and families who face personal or systemic barriers – poverty, homelessness, joblessness, chemical addiction or mental health concerns – achieve recovery and economic stability. We believe everyone deserves the chance to live well and work well. For more information, visit our website.