We at Best Buy work hard every day to enrich the lives of consumers through technology, whether they come to us online, visit our stores or invite us into their homes. We do this by solving technology problems and addressing key human needs across a range of areas, including entertainment, productivity, communication, food, security and health.
**Housing is potentially available for this position**
**This seasonal summer intern position will be available May 2021 – August 2021**
**This position has the potential to lead to a full-time offer **
**Best Buy is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position**
As a Digital Engineering Intern, you’ll be an integral part of driving enterprise transformational change through our Digital and Technology (D&T) organization. D&T at Best Buy is committed to powering our business to drive sales and efficiencies to ultimately improve our customer experience and empower our people. Our one awesome D&T team will transform technology through better, faster product development, dynamic planning and unleashing the power of our data.
At Best Buy our technology teams have engineering at the core of everything we do from developing new features for our customers and associates to monitoring and managing our systems and assets in the cloud and data center. We have established ourselves as a cutting-edge IT organization in Retail by employing best-of-breed technologies and processes and as a result we have exciting and impactful opportunities in virtually every aspect of bringing technology to life as a strategic differentiator.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering Math or similar degree, graduating between Fall 2021 and Spring 2022
- Actively enrolled in an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Classroom experience in a programming language
- Basic knowledge of data structures, control flow, algorithm performance, and object-oriented programming concepts
- Ability to independently and accurately solve problems in a programming language of your choice
- Familiarity with common approaches to the software development life cycle, particularly agile methodologies
- Experience creating web or mobile applications
- Experience in server administration (Linux, Tomcat, Apache Web Server, JBoss, Cassandra)
- Experience with predictive modeling, data mining, or machine learning, using technologies such as TensorFlow, SciKit Learn, or R