We at Best Buy work hard every day to enrich the lives of consumers through technology, whether they come to us online, visit our stores or invite us into their homes. We do this by solving technology problems and addressing key human needs across a range of areas, including entertainment, productivity, communication, food, security and health.
**Housing is potentially available for this position**
**This seasonal summer intern position will be available May 2021 – August 2021**
**This position has the potential to lead to a full-time offer **
**Best Buy is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position**
As a Digital Product Management Intern, you will combine your engineering, user experience, and business acumen to make impact on a Product Team (i.e. Online Experiences, Retail Technology, etc.). You’ll gain exposure and variety within your internship experience while working on projects similar to what our full-time Product Management employees work on every day by:
- Establishing and consistently engaging in customer feedback loops to inform product solutions and validate assumptions around customer needs
- Partnering with leaders and stakeholders to understand key business opportunities, financial goals, and Best Buy’s strategic priorities in order to inform product plans
- Working on a product team in tight collaboration with user experience (UX) designers, engineers, QA and other required skillsets
- Synthesizing customer needs and business problems into actionable backlogs and actively prioritizing with the product team
- Partnering with product managers to plan, align, and deliver customer value through an iterative agile process
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university, Management, Marketing, Visual Communications, Computer Science, or similar degree, graduating between Fall 2021 and Spring 2022
- Actively enrolled in an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Ability to use critical and strategic thinking to solve customer and business problems.
- Analytical thinking, comfortable with using and manipulating data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, drive results, possess strong analytical, reasoning and communication skills, and interested in retail.
- Curiosity and a passion for new technologies and the internet
- Knowledge of and/or classroom experience with digital technology
- Basic knowledge of project and product management principles
- Basic knowledge of Agile development