Do you bring joy wherever you go? Do you want to make a connection with others? If so, this may be the job for you!
Augustana Signe Burckhardt, a 42-unit facility in Minneapolis located on the bus route, is currently seeking outgoing Part-Time Activities Assistants to join our team! In this important role, you will conduct activities with our residents in our memory care unit to help keep them informed, entertained, and engaged. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated with a genuine concern for our residents’ well-being, and has a creative personality and positive attitude.
We take pride in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration). Apply today to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
These are Part-Time positions working varied schedules.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Free Parking
- Retirement with employer match
- Competitive wages with credit for experience!
- Annual Wage Increases!
- Tuition Discount Opportunities
- Work with an amazing team with decades of experience
- Virtual interviews taking place now!
Activities Assistant responsibilities:
- Plan and direct activity programs with memory care residents.
- Encourage, support, and assist residents with activities.
- Interact and assist residents on a one to one basis.
- Document activity attendance and degree of involvement.
- Act as a positive representative at all times.
- Display an attitude of courtesy and respect for all residents, families, and staff.
- Perform other related tasks as needed.
Activities Assistant skills and requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Degree in related field (Therapeutic Recreation, Occupational Therapy, etc.) or MEPAP Course completion preferred.
- Professional experience in a health care related activity program setting preferred.
- Must be able to stand for length of shift.
- Demonstrate good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to display enthusiasm and a positive attitude in promoting activities.
- Creative aptitude for training in arts, crafts, and games.
- Good communication skills, including ability to give directions to others in a manner that is pleasant and easily understood.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
Cassia is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran