Central MN Mental Health Center has an opportunity for a Full-Time Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC) Float in our Outpatient SUD programs. The LADC Float Counselor serves as a primary resource for the clinical team across the three outpatient chemical health sites, including Monticello, Buffalo, and St. Cloud. This position can office out of the which site is preferred by the applicant. Mileage reimbursement to the other sites is included.
The Float LADC will work with each counselor to become acclimated to the various sites and groups offered, and will provide coverage in absences, planned and unplanned. This position will provide group coverage and case management as required and complete chemical health evaluations. This position will also provide chemical health education and support to local schools, which is an exciting way to be involved in the local community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Facilitate primary groups, lectures, experiential groups, and educational groups.
· Provide chemical health support services to local contracted schools.
· Support Primary Counselors by assisting with case management and treatment coordination.
· Cover caseloads or perform intakes as requested.
· Complete chemical health assessments
· Continue to upgrade skills via training and supervision.
· Maintain professional relationship with clients while following a strict code of ethics.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
IDEAL SKILL SET:
Looking for an individual who likes diversity. Organizational skills are a must. Ability to be adaptable to change in a fast pace environment is critical. Strong group facilitation and engagement skills are important.
Possibility of a four day work week.
The position knows and abides by all CMMHC organizational and departmental policies, sets personal standards and strives for high quality work in completing assignments, performs job duties in a timely manner, and represents the organization in a positive manner. The position understands our Mission, Vision and Common Values and is committed to promote these values in behavior and attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical dependency or related human services field, or exempt under MN statutes 148C
- Certification as a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC) through the Minnesota Department of Human Services
- Two consecutive years free of chemical use problems
- Clear DHS background study and sexual exploitations screening
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
- Maintain current CPR certification
CMMHC’s Workplace Culture:
· Supportive atmosphere both professionally and personally
· Positive and fun
· Work allows for variety with types of client issues, ages, genders, life issues
· Ability to work toward personal goals to better every CMMHC’s employees work experience
· CMMHC is truly respectful towards employees and clients from the top down
· Smoke free facility and grounds (click here for CMMHC’s smoking policy)
· CMMHC provide great benefits click here to learn more about our tremendous benefits
All CMMHC sites are approved for the National Loan Repayment Program
Central Minnesota Mental Health Center is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.