Central MN Mental Health Center has an opportunity for a Part-Time Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC) in our Focus XII program. This position offers a guaranteed 10 hours per week; afternoon/evening hours. The LADC may perform chemical dependency evaluations for clients and facilitates or leads group sessions. The LADC provides documentation of services.
The Duties may include but are not limited to:
· Conduct chemical dependency assessments
· Provide group counseling services within a trauma informed framework
· Assess needs of clients and report referral issues and needs
· Provide case management services for clients
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or the behavioral sciences from an accredited university including 480 hours of alcohol and drug counseling education from an accredited school or education program and 880 hours of alcohol and drug counseling practicum
§ Minimum of three years’ work experience in direct service to individuals with substance use disorder(s);
- Licensed as a Drug and Alcohol Counselor according to Minnesota Statutes;
- Know and understand the implications of 245G, chapter 245A, and sections 626.556, 626.557, and 626.5572
- At the time of hire must be free of problematic substance use for at least the two years immediately preceding their hiring and sign a statement attesting to that fact.
- Clear DHS background study and sexual exploitations screening
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
- Maintain current CPR certification
CMMHC’s Workplace Culture:
· Supportive atmosphere both professionally and personally
· Positive and fun
· Work allows for variety with types of client issues, ages, genders, life issues
· Ability to work toward personal goals to better every CMMHC’s employees work experience
· CMMHC is truly respectful towards employees and clients from the top down
· Smoke free facility and grounds (click here for CMMHC’s smoking policy)