Unlicensed or Licensed Dental Assistant/Public Health Assistant
CDS Mission: CDS is an independent, non-profit agency dedicated to improving the oral health of children from families with low incomes by providing accessible treatment and education in our diverse community since 1919.
- Assist in the dental treatment of patients to include seating patients, providing Dentist, Advanced Dental Therapist, Dental Therapist, or Hygienist with instruments and equipment; charting examination and treatment results on patient’s dental record. Provide culturally competent care to diverse patients.
- Clean, sterilize and assemble instruments, supplies and equipment required for specific dental procedures.
- Record treatment results on patient’s dental record; instruct patients in the care of teeth and appliances; provide instructional materials as required.
- Schedule and confirm appointments, verify insurance, greet patients/families and process dental records as required.
- Provide oral health instruction.
- Help families without insurance apply for public assistance programs and refer them to CDS’ sliding scale discount program.
- Transport, deliver and set up equipment and supplies at the various work sites around the Duluth area.
- Perform outreach and/or oral health presentations, and dental screenings in the Duluth community and surrounding area: attend school-sponsored events, health or community fairs, or other events.
- Assist Management team in day-to-day running of the organization and perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Work requires the ability to assist a dentist or other provider in examining and treating patients. All training is provided by Children’s Dental Services. Fluency in English required. Bilingual language skills in Spanish, Somali, Oromo, or Hmong is a plus. A completed Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required. Comfort or experience working in a multi-cultural environment is a plus. Ability to lift at least 50 and up to 80 pounds is essential. Work allows and requires travel to various clinical locations within The Duluth, Minnesota area.
We offer a great opportunity to grow with a vibrant and fast-paced non-profit organization. We have a rich benefits package for staff, including medical insurance, accrued personal time off (13 days the first year of employment!), sick leave, 403B contribution, Flex Spending account, Dental and Vision Benefits, and Life and Long-term Disability insurance.
This position is an excellent long-term livelihood, gives the applicant hands on training and experience in the lucrative dental assisting field, and is an excellent entry point into a public or community health career. This would be an exceptional position for applicants interested in health, medicine, or nursing as well. For more information, visit our website at www.childrensdentalservices.org
If interested, please submit cover letter and resume to:
Erianna Reyelts, Assistant Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sara Smith, LDH, Manager, email@example.com
Additional contact information:
*Telephone: 612-746-1530 ext: 207
*Paper mail: attn: Sarah Wovcha
Children’s Dental Services
636 Broadway St. NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413