Recruiting: Family and Consumer Science & Community Health Education Majors
CDS Mission: CDS is an independent, non-profit agency dedicated to improving the oral health of children from families with low incomes by providing accessible treatment and education in our diverse community since 1919.
- General clerical/reception duties as needed on a limited basis, including but not limited to screening calls, making and confirming appointments, insurance verification, billing, and reconciling patient accounts.
- Provide patients with assistance in obtaining health coverage.
- Perform dental screenings in various school-based communities.
- Attend educational and outreach events including health fairs, workshops and school programs.
- Assist in production of multicultural oral health outreach materials
- Provide oral health outreach and education to patients, service organizations and community at large.
- Assist Executive Director in grant seeking, fundraising, and oral health policy analysis.
- Assist Management team in day-to-day running of the organization.
- Assist in patient care as needed. Training will be provided.
- Work until 7:00 p.m. either Tuesday or Wednesday nights, and one Saturday per month.
- Every CDS employee is expected to assist with general cleaning and organizing, and any other various tasks which arise during the course of the business day
Public and/or community health interest or experience is essential. Work requires strong oral and written communication skills. Successful candidate must also have excellent interpersonal skills, and Microsoft Office suite competency, with ability to type at least 25 words per minute. Fluency in Somali/English, Spanish/English, Oromo/English preferred. Comfort or experience working in a multi-cultural environment preferred. Knowledge of or interest in medical assistance programs or health policy and legal issues are helpful.
Great opportunity to grow with a fast-paced non-profit organization. For more information, visit our website at www.childrensdentalservices.org
If interested, please submit cover letter and resume to:
Sarah Wovcha, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org ,
Erianna Reyelts, Assistant Director, email@example.com