Pay: $16.38+ per hour, DOQ
Up to 20 hours per week
Part-time Recurring, Not Benefit Eligible
The City of Eagan is hiring a Preschool Teacher!
We are seeking a friendly, energetic, motivated Preschool Teacher for children ages 3 to 5. This position is responsible for planning, implementing, and conducting play-based, recreational preschool classes.
In addition, we’re seeking a flexible and tech savvy candidate to help develop and provide digital content to children and families, including videos.
This position is 2 to 5 days per week (10-20 hours) with classes in the morning between the hours of 8:30am and 12:30pm. Hours may vary depending on program registration.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Develop, plan, implement and modify quality play-based program curriculum for up to 20 preschool age children including digital content
- Provide a safe, wholesome, caring and comfortable environment for child participants
- Track and report program related records such as program evaluations and participant attendance
- Write monthly newsletter, first day letters, theme calendars, and participant evaluations
- Provide hands-on training and work direction to Teaching Assistant/s and volunteers
- Respond to staff schedule changes
- Determine appropriate response to participant behavior, safety of the participants and staff
- Make programming decisions related to inclement weather conditions
- Work cooperatively with other City staff and community and recreation service providers, and parents
- Administer basic first aid as needed
- Request supplies and materials as needed
- Communicate orally and in written form
- Independently problem-solve in a variety of situations
- 18 years of age or older
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field -OR- Completion of at least 3 years of college coursework towards a bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field
- 2 years of experience in teaching, assisting a teacher, or equivalent work in a similar position
- Previous teaching experience in a preschool setting, and/or experience in recreation preschool programs
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Concussion Training (Concussion Training is available on-line at www.cdc.gov/concussion/headsUp/)
- Letter of interest included with application
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk, write, hear, balance, run, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, dance, sing and other movements in a variety of environments. Vision abilities required include close vision, distant vision, color vision and peripheral vision. Employees may also be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- 75% indoors, and 25% outdoors in summer weather conditions
- Possible exposure to debris and blood borne pathogens