Coffee House Press is a nationally known and renowned nonprofit publishing house located in Northeast Minneapolis. We publish annually sixteen to twenty books—novels, short stories, poetry, and literary essays.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
An internship at Coffee House Press will introduce you to all aspects of a small literary publisher, and will give you skills that can also easily transfer to larger publishing houses and other careers, both in the arts and elsewhere. Please note that internships currently take place remotely.
- Reading and reporting on submissions
- Manuscript fact-checking
- Acquisitions and permissions research
- Researching donor and grant prospects
- Database upkeep, including spreadsheets and database software
- Writing copy for newsletters, reading group guides, and the CHP website
- Assisting with upkeep of publicity materials
- Light page layout and editing of press materials, signs, and other documents
- Providing support before and during events
- Website maintenance
- Other tasks as assigned
Internship hours are flexible, averaging 6–8 hours per week over the course of approximately four months for a total of at least 90 hours. At the completion of the internship, interns receive a $700 stipend, $100 worth of discounted Coffee House titles, and a discount on all future purchases. Internships are intended as fixed-length, educational experiences and should not be interpreted as job training. Interns are not entitled to or guaranteed employment upon the completion of the internship, but they are welcome to apply for open positions at the press at any time.