Ministry Intern – High School Ministry
The Constance Internship Program is a learning environment for the intern to get a full look at the role of Student Ministry Pastor. The intern will learn broadly about the staff responsibilities and ministry needs. They will have specific tasks week to week that are partly chosen because of the giftedness of the intern and partly based on the needs of the ministry. The intern will have a chance to learn about other ministry positions in the church in addition to student ministry.
- Personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and evidence of a transformed life
- Exploring a call to vocational ministry within the local church
- Desire to work with high school students, their parents and volunteers
- Ability to have a cooperative, healthy, and motivating relationship with ministry staff, students, parents, and adult volunteers
- Ability to use appropriate judgment with discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality
- Self-starter, reliable, and team player
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Passion to see spiritual transformation take place in the lives of students
- Passion for Constance Free Church Student Ministries strategy and values
- Unreserved commitment and dedication to Constance Free Church’s constitution, policies, purpose, vision, and 5-G values
- Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation, and creativity
- Work with the Pastor of High School Ministry to create goals for learning, experiences and coaching.
- Attend staff meetings to learn various church functions
- Administrative tasks (copying, contacting students/parents, mailings, etc.)
- Help with advertising programs (social media, fliers, etc.)
- Assist in planning, preparation, execution and evaluation of ministry programming
- Serve as an example and mentor for students; plan ways to develop relationships with students
- Gain experience working with parents and volunteers to further ministry with students
- Gain experience in Biblical teaching through message and small group lesson development.
High School Ministries Intern is directly responsible to the Pastor of High School Ministries and works closely with the other Student Ministries staff.