Ministry Resident – High School Ministry
The Constance Residency Program is a learning environment designed for graduate students to gain leadership experience in vocational ministry within a local church. The resident will be given day-to-day responsibilities within the high school ministry department, but will also experience other areas of church leadership, including weekly staff meetings, monthly ministry rhythms, and annual planning cycles. They will have specific regular responsibilities that are chosen in part due of the giftedness of the resident and also based on the needs of the ministry. The resident will experience other positions in the church in addition to high school ministry.
- Personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and evidence of a transformed life
- Discerned call to vocational ministry within the local church
- Desire to work with high school students, their parents and volunteers
- Ability to have a cooperative, healthy, and motivating relationship with ministry staff, students, parents, and adult volunteers
- Ability to use appropriate judgment with discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality
- Self-starter, reliable, and team player
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Passion to see spiritual transformation take place in the lives of students
- Unreserved commitment and dedication to Constance Free Church’s constitution, policies, purpose, vision, and 5-G values
- Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation, and creativity
- Work with the Pastor of High School Ministry to create goals for learning, experiences and coaching.
- Attend staff meetings to learn various church functions
- Responsible for the planning, preparation, execution and evaluation of ministry programming
- Serve as an example and mentor for students; plan ways to develop relationships with students
- Work with volunteers to further ministry with students
- Gain experience teaching messages and developing small group lessons.
The Ministry Resident is directly responsible to the Pastor of High School Ministry and works closely with other staff.