Direct Support Professional (DSP) Floater
Dependable is seeking motivated, experienced Direct Support Professionals (DSP) who will enjoy supporting a variety of people who have physical, intellectual/developmental disabilities and mental health challenges. Supporting people to do what makes them happy, to have good days and to be healthy/safe is an important part of this work. This DSP Floater position requires a high level of flexibility and adaptability and pays $18 an hour because of this. If you like change and variety in your workdays this job has it.
Work Locations DSP Subs may work in people’s homes, places in their neighborhoods (restaurants, grocery story, library, community center) or their workplace
DSP Floater must
- be available to work in an On-Call capacity 5 days per week between the hours of 6:00am and 10:00pm.
- available to work a minimum 35 weekly hours
- be on location ready to provide positive support within one hour of receiving a call
- have a valid driver’s license, insurance, reliable vehicle to drive to locations across the twin cities
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- positive, professional and responsive communicator
- able to establish trusting, caring relationships with a variety of people with disabilities and their teams
- high level of adaptability and ability to problem solve in many different situations
- ability to involve people in desired activities and promote/teach independent living skills
- self-motivated learner
- excellent behavior management skills
- 1-2 years’ experience working in the field (DSP) with people with disabilities
This is a high demand and exciting position for experienced and qualified Direct Support Professionals (DSP)!
We would love to hear from you. Contact us if you would like to find out more about being a DSP Floater at Dependable.
Pay Rate: $18/hr
- Ability to pass a Department of Human Services background check
- Must have a valid driver’s license, insurance, and reliable vehicle
- 18 years of age
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Practices person-centered thinking
- 1-2 years’ experience working in the field (DSP)
- Effective leadership and coaching skills
- Knowledge of DHS licensing rules 245D
- Ability to communicate with others in a professional manner
- Ability to be flexible and problem solve in many different situations
Come share your gifts with us today!
** If you refer a new hire and they put your name down as the referral source, you will be paid a referral bonus for sending people out way! Ask during your interview for more details! **
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.