At Dependable, we live and work our core values:
Act as Community Connectors
Be good ambassadors
Always be people centered
If you have similar values, just apply now!
At Dependable, it’s our goal to provide individuals with disabilities the opportunity to develop the skills, attitudes, and knowledge to thrive. It’s innate in all of us to want to belong and function as an independent person. We teach and support people to be connected to others by modeling healthy relationships and effective communication skills and promote independence by improving skills and fostering growth.
Dependable is recruiting for the right Direct Support Professional (DSP) staff for a young man moving into his new home in the Plymouth area mid-September. He is transitioning from his mother’s home. We are looking for applicants that have extensive experience with dynamic challenging behaviors and demonstrate an ability to meet such behaviors with empathy and compassion in order to further develop a relationship with the individual.
This young man enjoys swimming as well as sticking to his routine. He has an extensive movie collection of which he is rather proud of!
DSP Staff will be responsible for providing a safe environment for this young man to grow, both in his abilities and as a member of his new community. Staff will also be responsible for managing the client’s home with him, including budgeting, shopping, cooking, and cleaning.
Experience recommended include extensive behavioral intervention support, Special education paras, etc…
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to pass a Department of Human Services background check
- Must have a valid driver’s license, insurance, and reliable transportation
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Strength in flexibility and problem solving
- Applicants must have a passion for helping the individuals we support by helping them feel happy, successful, and safe in their lives
- Previous experience as a Direct Support Professional (DSP) is welcomed,
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.