At Dependable it’s our goal to provide individuals the opportunity to develop the skills, attitudes, and knowledge to thrive. It is innate in all of us to want to belong and function as an independent person. We teach and support people to be connected to others by modeling healthy relationships, effective communication skills and promote independence by improving skills and fostering growth.
We are seeking qualified and enthusiastic Personal Care Assistants. A Personal Care Assistant (PCA) is a trained worker who helps people that need support to take care of their day-to-day activities and who are on a state program (Medical Assistance, waiver programs, or Alternative Care). Personal assistance services help individuals live and work within their own communities. PCAs help people who need support to take care of daily living needs because of disease, a disabling condition, or complications related to aging.
Location: Multiple locations available in and around the metro area.
Schedule: A variety of shifts are available (i.e. part time or full time – day, evening and weekend hours)
Hourly Rate of Pay: $11.50 upon hire and $11.75 after one year
Skills & Knowledge:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 6 months of relevant experience
- Must have a passion for supporting others to live safe, happy and fulfilling lives.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to pass a DHS background check
- Ability to read, write and speak English at a level that meets the performance requirements; or must be able to communicate in the language spoken by the recipient(s) at a level that meets the performance requirements; whichever is deemed more important by the company.
- Ability to work independently with minimal instruction and make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Ability to meet licensing requirements of the State and County.
- Ability to maintain good employee relations and morale.
- Willingness to take initiative and adapt to circumstances.
- Ability to develop and maintain professionally appropriate therapeutic relationships with each recipient(s) and their family; ability to maintain positive working relations with staff and other related persons to ensure services are delivered in a smooth and effective manner.
- Ability and willingness to maintain a positive demeanor.
- Ability to follow daily routines while allowing for flexibility and planning creative alternatives.
- Ability to work in a variety of settings and with a variety of level of personal care needs without direct supervision.
- Ability to effectively use a calculator, household appliances, smoke alarms, etc. with training.
- Ability to accept and incorporate new methods into existing practices.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.