Send me alerts every days
Production Supervisor (2nd Shift Cleanroom)
Date: Jul 31, 2020
Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Company: Dover Corporation
Job Summary: The Production Supervisor (cleanroom 2nd shift) will lead assigned zone(s) to effective results within the areas of safety, quality, delivery, and cost through use of accepted business practices and lean methodologies.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the day-to-day operations of a production team by providing adequate resources, work direction, and problem solving to ensure business goals are met under the guidelines of company policies and procedures.
- Track daily performance and lead cross-functional production Gemba meetings, while employing problem solving methodology, to determine root cause and develop countermeasures for misses to daily targets.
- Verify counter measures and recovery plans are in place and effective for missed targets.
- Champion change and drive a continuous improvement culture by involving employees in problem solving and decision making as well as recognizing employees for exceptional work.
- Be highly visible to employees and promote hands-on, high involvement approaches to problem solving.
- Coach, develop, and mentor the production team to meet current and future business needs with qualified and motivated individuals.
- Assist with the development of current and future state value stream maps and continuous improvement plans, as well as the implementation of those plans.
- Ensure that standard work and processes are followed, yielding product conforming to quality standards.
- Recommend and implement changes to production capabilities, tooling, machine replacement and staffing to continually improve manufacturing productivity.
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment for all employees, emphasizing prevention of potential problems and hazardous conditions, and support CPC’s safety programs.
- Associate’s, BA or BS in Business, Engineering or related field or above or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- 1-2 years of experience in leadership/supervisory role with a preference in manufacturing in a cleanroom setting
- Strong interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal), and leadership skills required in order to effectively communicate initiatives and drive key business initiatives through the leadership team, non-exempt populations, and cross functional teams.
- Familiar with Kanban supply management to reduce or minimize non-value-added activity and process validation, ergonomic analysis, equipment justification, documenting work procedures, SOP’s, quality initiatives, capacity analysis for line operations, and line balancing.
- Familiar with Workflow Optimization, Visual Management, root cause analysis, FIFO, time studies and cell layout skills.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement with emphasis on waste reduction techniques using the Six Sigma tools of 5S, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, lead time reduction, SMED and visual control management.
- Hands on experience with Oracle ERP.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to thirty five (35) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk and may be required to stoop, kneel or crouch.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of tasks, responsibilities or duties. Colder Products Company reserves the right to amend to meet legal, business and organizational requirements as necessary.
About CPC (Colder Products Company)
We are Colder Products Company, the industry leader in the design and manufacture of specialized quick disconnect couplings for the life sciences, industrial, and chemical handling markets. Used around the world in a broad range of applications, connection technologies from Colder Products Company allow flexible tubing to be quickly and safely connected and disconnected, reducing spills and increasing safety. Colder Products Company, a Dover company, is based in St. Paul with global offices and operations in Europe and Asia.