The Graphic Design intern supports the Marketing Director by developing the YMCA’s communication materials in accordance with the Y brand.
1. In consultation with the Marketing Director, you will design and produce posters and flyers announcing the YMCA’s programs and services. This involves developing design concepts, selecting appropriate graphics, typestyles, papers and colors and creating designs using a variety of computer programs.
2. Apply the Y brand to the design concepts.
3. Assist with the development of style guides and design templates.
4. Stay abreast of multimedia advances that will provide new ways to showcase the Y.
5. Working with others, such as printing vendors and programmers throughout the production process.
6. Work with the marketing team to market the Y through external bulletin board postings.
7. May create or modify existing design templates, website graphics, social media skins and email marketing templates.
1. Strong skills in typography, graphic design, grid systems and layout.
2. Proficiency with industry-standard software such as PhotoShop and the Adobe suite.
3. Solid experience of HTML/CSS.
4. Ability to understand brand consistency, strictly follow brand guidelines and should have an excellent eye for detail.
5. Capable of producing high quality work to tight deadlines and be able to manage several tasks simultaneously.
6. Be highly organized and capable of pro-actively handling projects given the correct guidance and working closely with key members of the team.
Interns do receive a YMCA membership during their internship. They also will receive a great experience working in the non-profit sector with one of the largest non-profit organizations in the nation.
Although this internship is unpaid, we will work with you and your school to assist you in receiving college credit. It is the responsibility of the student to determine if academic credit is available through his/her degree program.