Supports organizational marketing strategy and brand identity for Y membership and programs. Establishes audience and goals, and creates unique and targeted marketing plans to reach those goals. We will be hiring a team of interns to work in these positions.
1. Social Media Management
a. Generate, edit, publish and share content (text, images, video, etc.) for the YMCA’s Social Media and other relevant platforms.
b. Execute posting schedule and respond to comments.
2. Planning and Coordinating Special Events
3. Community Outreach
a. Develops, produces and distributes information necessary to promote assigned YMCA program and/or membership.
b. Represents the Y at community events, career fairs and other tabling opportunities.
4. May Include Graphic Design Work:
a. In consultation with the Marketing Director, you will design and produce posters and flyers announcing the YMCA’s programs and services. This involves developing design concepts, selecting appropriate graphics, typestyles, papers and colors and creating designs using a variety of computer programs.
b. Apply the Y brand to the design concepts.
1. Pursuing or received a degree in related field.
2. Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills required
3. Proactive and highly organized, with strong project management and planning skills.
4. Self-motivated and able to take initiative.
5. Ability to plan and a passion for strategy.
Interns do receive a YMCA membership during their internship. They also will receive a great resume building experience working in the non-profit sector with one of the largest non-profit organizations in the nation.
Although this internship is unpaid, we will work with you and your school to assist you in receiving college credit. It is the responsibility of the student to determine if academic credit is available through his/her degree program.