Ecumen Pathstone Living is hiring a Physical Therapist to join its team!
We are offering a $15,000 sign on bonus.
Ecumen Pathstone Living consists of 61 assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 69 nursing home beds, 21 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services and is located in Mankato, Minnesota. Ecumen creates home for older adults wherever they choose to live. Our employees are dedicated to empowering our customers to lead richer, fuller lives and have consistently recognized Ecumen as a “Best Place to Work,” an award by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal.
This position is responsible for providing physical therapy services including assessment, treatment planning and therapeutic interventions within professional practices and ethical standards.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Provide comprehensive assessments and treatment planning to effectively meet patient’s goals and provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining treatment plans in consultation with physicians, and by prescription.
- Helps patients accomplish treatment plan and secures necessary supplies and adaptive equipment for patients to facilitate independence. Administers therapy statements according to a treatment plan approved by the attending physician. Directs treatments given by aides and assistants.
- Evaluates effects of therapy treatments by observing, documenting and evaluating patient’s progress; recommends and implements adjustments and modifications.
- Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers and other health care workers; contributing to patient care conferences.
- Ensures continuations of therapeutic plan by designing and instructing patients, families and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient record; provides accurate and detailed record of services rendered for billing purposes.
- Supervises and develops the physical therapy staff. Maintains professional and technical knowledge.
- Practices within state licensure requirements and scope of practice.
- Follows guidelines/requirements set by CMS, federal and state regulations and meeting requirements set by other payors (insurance companies).
- Manages and maintains individual license/certification renewals and when applicable other professional certifications.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (at minimum) in Physical Therapy.
- Previous experience working as a Physical Therapist.
- Licensure/Certification: Current license, state certification, or registered as a Physical Therapist in good standing.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing situations including able to work irregular hours, attend meetings and special events.
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident’s Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree
- 2+ years previous experience in home health, hospice or senior care
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ecumen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability or veteran status.
We participate in E-Verify.