The Registered Nurse, RN, will ensure the health and safety of the elders is being met through assessments, provision of services, care planning, and supervision of other caregivers in the home. The RN will communicate with healthcare providers, families, elders, and staff to ensure the highest practicable social, physical, emotional, and psychosocial needs are being provided.
· Administration of Medications and treatments
· Assess elder’s needs for services and determine current physical and mental health status of elders
· Assist in development of treatment plan for each elder and ensure the care strategy addresses the long term needs of the aging process
· Oversee other care staff at all times, ensuring the plan of care is being carried through
· Advocate for elders best interests and serve as an educator to caregivers, elders, and families
· Work with other healthcare providers such as physicians and therapists to ensure high levels of quality care and services are being provided at all times.
· Communicate any change in elder’s condition to appropriate staff, health care providers, and family.
· Must be able to move throughout the work day and throughout the building.
· Must have adequate vision and hearing to meet the requirements of this position.
· Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
While performing duties of this job, employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to examine clients, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full Time/ Part Time/ Casual