Company: Fair Hills Resort is a family vacation destination and convention center. Owned and operated by the Kaldahl family since 1926, this beautiful lakeside resort and its accompanying properties offer a unique venue for events of all kinds and family reunions. Open seasonally from May through the beginning of October, Fair Hills hosts over 50 events each year, 10 weeks of family season vacations, and serves hundreds of meals each day. These exciting properties offer opportunities to gain experience in multiple divisions of multiple industries.
Position: The Equipment Management Intern will assist our Head Mechanic with maintaining the fleet of equipment used to manicure the golf course and resort. The Equipment Management Intern will be expected to uphold the standards of a clean, organized, and safe shop and work area while performing his or her duties. Responsibilities may include but ar enot limited to equipment diagnoses, repair & general maintenance work on equipment, golf cart maintenance & repair, keeping equipment fueled, oiled, & inspected, recording preventative maintenance, checking reel mowers daily, holding employees accountable for equipment use/cleanliness, communicating issues and needs with management, and other special projects as assigned. Experience will include providing golf course equipment repair and maintenance while demonstrating outstanding customer service. Must possess willingness to learn and perform new golf maintenance service programs. Excellent communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, drive and motivation. Flexibility with schedule with early mornings and weekend work required. Welding & fabrication skills a plus. Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Flexibility is required – jumping in to help other departments at the resort as necessary is an expectation.
- Interns must be able to work from at least the beginning of June through the middle of August – preference is given to those who have wider availability from May – September.
- Weekend, weekday, and holiday availability is required.
- Morning & Evening availability – weekly schedules are subject to change
All Internships will focus on the following skills
- Customer Service
- Promoting a Positive Work & Vacation Environment
Wages & Benefits
- 35-40 hours per week
- Pay starts at $10.08 per hour
- Eligible for up to a $1.00 per hour additional bonus
- On-Site Housing available – $12 per day (includes 3 meals per day & WiFi)
- Access to Fair Hills & Wildflower Amenities
- Commuter Meals available for $3 per meal