Company: Fair Hills Resort is a family vacation destination and convention center. Owned and operated by the Kaldahl family since 1926, this beautiful lakeside resort and its accompanying properties offer a unique venue for events of all kinds and family reunions. Open seasonally from May through the beginning of October, Fair Hills hosts over 50 events each year, 10 weeks of family season vacations, and serves hundreds of meals each day. These exciting properties offer opportunities to gain experience in multiple divisions of multiple industries.
Position: This internship will focus on the planning and execution of events hosted at Fair Hills Resort, Wildflower Golf Course, and Five Lakes Resort and is geared toward a college student who is pursuing a degree in Hospitality & Tourism Management, Communications, or Public Relations. The student will work directly with our Event Coordinator who manages over 50 events each season. Events include weddings, corporate events, family reunions, golf tournaments, and more. The intern will not only have the opportunity to learn and experience the basics of event coordination, but will also be able to network and create working relationships with business professionals. Duties will include, but are not limited to: working with the group contact to plan room rentals, room set-ups, menus, and overnight lodging, as well as execute the day of event by being the on-site coordinator and facilitate after event follow-up. This internship will provide emphasis on the following skills: organizing detailed events, building business relationships, and executing multi-departmental occasions.
- Flexibility is required – jumping in to help other departments at the resort as necessary is an expectation.
- Interns must be able to work from at least the beginning of June through the middle of August – preference is given to those who have wider availability from May – September.
- Weekend, weekday, and holiday availability is required.
- Morning & Evening availability – weekly schedules are subject to change
All Internships will focus on the following skills
- Customer Service
- Promoting a Positive Work & Vacation Environment
Wages & Benefits
- 35-40 hours per week
- Pay starts at $10.08 per hour
- Eligible for up to a $1.00 per hour additional bonus
- On-Site Housing available – $12 per day (includes 3 meals per day & WiFi)
- Access to Fair Hills & Wildflower Amenities
- Commuter Meals available for $3 per meal