M Health Fairview is hiring Nursing Assistants at St Joseph’s Hospital in St. Paul. We have multiple positions available on all shifts.
Fairview is on the frontlines in responding to COVID-19 outbreak in Minnesota. Our hospitals and facilities are preparing for the anticipated surge of patients in the coming weeks. As a result, we are seeking additional nursing assistants to supplement our workforce at St. Joe’s Hospital.
The Nursing Assistant assists under the direct supervision of a professional nurse in the delivery of direct patient care.
In this role, you will work to demonstrate excellent customer service, teamwork and communication skills with patients, families, and the healthcare team on a fasted paced unit. Other job duties include:
- Patient care such as personal hygiene, vitals, daily activities, repositioning, ambulating, transporting, feeding, and documentation
- Setting up and maintaining patient rooms
- Ordering and stocking of supplies
- Current certification on the Minnesota Nursing Assistant Registry upon hire with the following exceptions:
- If the applicant is currently enrolled in an RN program, and completion of one (1) semester of clinical rotation within the program or If the applicant is a current Fairview employee, this requirement does not need to be maintained throughout employment and is not required if subsequently transferring into another Nursing Assistant or Nursing Station Tech or Nursing Station Attendant position
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification