Thank you for considering our Summer Nurse Internship opportunity with MHealth Fairview for the summer of 2021!
We offer a competitive paid internship for ten weeks (late May-August) over the summer working at one of our Hospitals. This Nursing Internship opportunity is for students who are currently enrolled in an accredited baccalaureate RN nursing program.
Our Summer Nurse Internship program provides an individualized educational experience one of our hospitals/medical centers in the Twin Cities and surrounding Suburbs. The program is tailored to meet your nursing career goals. As a nurse intern, you will be mentored one-on-one with registered nurses to gain hands-on nursing experience. Our program provides opportunities to enhance your technical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills in an acute care environment.
The application deadline is December 11th, 2020.
Please make sure to upload your Unofficial Transcript with your application as an attachment and answer any prescreening questions for this job posting.
If selected for a phone interview, HR will contact you by the week of December 14th, 2020 to get it set a call set up.
There’s so much to gain:
- Real-world experience under the guidance of RN mentors
- Hands-on experience in a variety of areas, including patient assessment, intervention and care planning
- Opportunities to work with nurses and other health care professionals in a variety of roles and patient care settings
- Multiple “day of learning” opportunities in classroom environments
- Opportunities to increase self confidence in patient care
- Opportunities to explore nursing care in other departments
- Preferential status for employment upon graduation
Every effort is made to place interns in the clinical setting that match their career goals, whenever possible. Interns will be hired into a specific patient care area for the duration of the summer. The specific patient care area will be determined at the time of a job offer. There are a wide variety of hospital patient care units within the M Health Fairview health system that hire summer interns such as: med surg, cardiac tele, oncology, neuro, ortho, spine, acute rehab, behavioral health, transplant, stepdown units and float pool. Please note the intensive care unit, operating room, emergency department and birth center hire a limited number of interns into these critical care specialties.
Internship locations may include:
- M Health Fairview University of Minnesota Medical Center (Minneapolis)
- M Health Fairview University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital (Minneapolis)
- M Health Fairview Southdale Hospital (Edina)
- M Health Fairview Ridges Hospital (Burnsville)
- M Health Fairview Woodwinds Hospital (Woodbury)
- M Health Fairview St. John’s Hospital (Maplewood)
- M Health Fairview St. Joseph’s Hospital (St. Paul)
- M Health Fairview Bethesda Hospital (St. Paul)
- M Health Fairview Northland Medical Center (Princeton)
- M Health Fairview Lakes Medical Center (Wyoming)
- Fairview Home Care and Hospice
- Grand Itasca Clinic and Hospital (Grand Rapids)
- Fairview Range Medical Center (Hibbing)
Applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited baccalaureate RN nursing program and graduate by September 1, 2022.
Applicants will have completed their junior year in a baccalaureate (BSN/BAN) nursing program or 6th semester of MANE program by the start of the internship, and cannot have RN licensure
- Have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA.
- Have a current BLS for healthcare providers certification through August 6th, 2021.
- Be able to work a minimum of 64 hours per pay period (every two weeks) in variable shifts (for a total of 320 hours)
- Be able to work for 10 weeks during the summer beginning late May to early August.
- Be able to attend mandatory orientation starting Tuesday, May 25th 2021