As a key member of the behavioral health care team, the BH Social worker supports health and wellness for patients on the inpatient Behavioral Health unit. In collaboration with the treatment team, the BH Social Worker supports the mental health and coordination needs of the inpatient MH patients. The BH Social worker works closely with patients/families, the treatment team, and community services to address patient mental health needs and resource needs.
- Assesses patient situation and identifies patient care and discharge needs.
- Develops and facilitates discharge plans.
- Provides a range of generalist social work interventions to assist patients and families reach their goals.
- Advocates for individual patients, families and patient groups from social work theory and practice perspectives.
- Seeks to advance the field of social work and maintains professional standards and conduct.
- Coordinate civil commitment process, Jarvis petitions and assist with long-term contract paperwork.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work required. MSW preferred.
- Current licensure with the MN Board of Social Work – LSW minimum.
- One year of Mental Health experience required.
- One year of inpatient or medical experience preferred.