Fairview Range is seeking an experienced sonographer to join our team. Full time position, 72-80 hours per pay period. 8 and 12 hour Day/Evening shifts and one weekend per month. This position may also be asked to work in the Cook Hospital 1 day per week.
The Ultrasound Technician ensures the performance of quality diagnostic sonograms studies and control the progression of procedures and patient flow through the Ultrasound Department.
- Ensure quality diagnostic sonograms, echocardiograms, and vascular studies.
- Ensure daily organization and progression of procedures and patient flow through the Ultrasound Department.
- Evaluates sonograms properly and provide Radiologist with patient histories and pertinent information as needed.
- Explains procedure to patient prior to the exam performed.
- Schedules and coordinates exams which involve other departments in an efficient manner.
- Maintains proper patient records with necessary documentation.
- Registered or registry eligible Ultrasound ARDMS or ARRT required.
- General ultrasound experience preferred.
- Echo experience preferred.
- Willingness to learn a wide variety of ultrasound procedures that exist in the rural healthcare setting.