Organizational Summary: Find Your Power (FYP), is a startup nonprofit organization whose purpose is to empower underrepresented women in developing countries by connecting them with resources and opportunity. This is done primarily through a resource and information sharing website, and secondarily by increasing internet usage, employing local women and establishing strategic partnerships.
Mission statement: to connect underrepresented women worldwide to resources for education, advocacy, community, and employment.
Location: Twin Cities Metro Activity Area: Human Services
Category: Intern/Volunteer Closing Date: Open Until Filled Job Type: Public Relations Intern Hours: – 8- 12 hours per week
Primary Duties: Find Your Power is currently looking for a Public Relations & Events Intern who is full of creative ideas and eager to contribute on a large scale. The intern will handle the organization’s communication with the public, including clients, investors, and events. This position leverages FYP’s social media presence and participates on the marketing team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan publicity strategies and campaigns for FYP
- Fully support company’s PR strategy and execute it
- Create and curate engaging content
- Communicate and build relationships with various media contacts
- Effectively utilize company’s social media to support program roll out
- Create and distribute press releases
- Assist in administrative duties
- Build and update media lists and databases
- Assist with the promotion and execution of FYP events
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Good understanding of the different social networks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Efficiency in MS Office and Google Docs & Sheets
- Passion for the PR industry and its best practices
- Passion for event planning and management
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide variety of people
- Students applying for this internship must have strong communication skills and should be majoring in Business, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a related field.
- Applicants should also have strong written and oral skills, including comfortably speaking with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- A solid understanding of social media.
- Experience in communications and event planning (formal or informal) preferred.
What FYP Provides:
- Experience building a non-profit organization from the ground up
- Academic course credit
- Resume and cover letter review and interview counseling
- Professional development and networking opportunities
- Reference letter upon successful completion of internship
Additional Info: Special attention will be given to candidates with a desire to empower women, work with an international team, and to learn more about international nonprofits. Anyone with travel, volunteer or work experience in a developing country would be especially fitting. Students seeking course credit for their internship are encouraged to apply.
Location and Hours:
- May work from home but required to attend a weekly virtual meeting and possibly others, as necessary.
- Must be reachable/able to work during the business hours of Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm.
- The needs of this position are estimated to be 8-12 hours per week, but will vary depending on the individual’s schedule and availability, and our needs.
- Length of service, 3 to 6 months (flexible) based on mutual fit and desire to stay on.
How to apply: To apply, please email resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org