Organizational Summary: Find Your Power (FYP), is a startup nonprofit organization whose purpose is to empower underrepresented women in developing countries by connecting them with resources and opportunity. This is done primarily through a resource and information sharing website, and secondarily by increasing internet usage, employing local women and establishing strategic partnerships.
Mission statement: to connect underrepresented women worldwide to resources for education, advocacy, community, and employment.
Location: Twin Cities Metro Activity Area: Human Services
Category: Intern/Volunteer Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Events Intern Hours: – 8- 12 hours per week
As the Events Intern, you will be responsible for overseeing the success of FYP’s events. You will primarily manage the promotion of events, finalizing details, and outreach to the public.
- Work to plan and execute events
- Assist with projects in the areas of marketing and events planning
- Serve as initial point of contact for all special event inquiries
- Assist with the promotion and execution of FYP’s events
- Participate in team meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Other duties as assigned
- Possess or currently pursuing an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field
- Internally motivated and flexible
- Experience in communications or event planning (formal or informal) preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including comfort speaking with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Ability to think strategically with both a long-term and immediate focus
- Ability to work collaboratively with other members of FYP
What FYP Provides:
- Experience building a non-profit organization from the ground up
- Academic course credit
- Resume and cover letter review and interview counseling
- Professional development and networking opportunities
- Reference letter upon successful completion of internship
Additional Info: Special attention will be given to candidates with a desire to empower women, work with an international team, and to learn more about international nonprofits. Anyone with travel, volunteer or work experience in a developing country would be especially fitting. Students seeking course credit for their internship are encouraged to apply.
Location and Hours:
- May work from home but required to attend a weekly virtual meeting and possibly others, as necessary.
- Must be reachable/able to work during the business hours of Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm.
- The needs of this position are estimated to be 8-12 hours per week, but will vary depending on the individual’s schedule and availability, and our needs.
- Length of service, 3 to 6 months (flexible) based on mutual fit and desire to stay on.
How to apply: To apply, please email resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org