Direct Support Professional-Full Time- $250 Training Bonus!
FT – M 3p-9p, T-Th 2p-9p Every Other Weekend 9a-9p
What is a Direct Support Professional?
Direct Support Professionals provide support and supervision to individuals who have developmental, mental health, or physical disabilities.
Who makes a great Direct Support Professional?
- Has a passion for helping others
- Is flexible and dependable
- Displays the qualities of the company’s core values including enthusiasm, commitment, humility, and ownership
Why is being a Direct Support Professional so rewarding?
Direct Support Professionals get to know new people and create relationships.They also get to participate in new experiences and have fun while at work! Direct Support Professionals go home every single day knowing they made a difference.
Why is working for Genesis rewarding?
- PAID training, mileage & time and a half on Holidays worked
- $250 Training Bonus
- $50 Birthday Bonus
- $600-$1000 Referral Bonuses
- 401K Matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, & more!
- Shift differentials
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible scheduling options
- Internal promotions
- Leave to volunteer
What are the responsibilities of a Direct Support Professional?
- Helps to establish and keep community relationships and friendships.
- Assists individuals with daily routines including, but not limited to, household tasks, cooking and eating, individual self-care, socializing, use of leisure time, health and safety, money management and behavior management.
- Administers medications.
- Provides transportation.
- Documents services and events through an online computer program.
Who are we looking for?
- be 18 years or older, with a high school diploma or equivalent and one year of experience delivering services to individuals with disabilities.
- possess a valid driver’s license, have access to an insured vehicle, have a clean driving record, and need to pass a DHS background study.
- possess basic computer skills to be successful in this position.
In order to be eligible for the $250 training bonus, you must meet two criteria:
- You must become solo within 30 days from your hired date, or also known as the date that you came in for company orientation. In order to become solo, you must have completed Med I, Med II, CPR, CPI, 16 shadow hours, 5 shadow shifts, final med pass with the nurse and have your training packets turned in. Please note that Program Orientation and Individual Rights classes are not required to be solo, but must still be completed within 60 days of your hire date in order for you to be fully done with training.
- The second criteria is that you must not reschedule any classes or shadow shifts up until your solo date.
- Lastly, you must still be employed for an additional 30 days after your solo date.
Genesis Group Homes is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity, and E-Verify Employer.