Job Title: Business Analyst Intern
Reports to: VP of Operations
Status: Part-Time Position with a flexible schedule Monday through Friday within core business hours of 8AM – 5PM. Position will end at the end of the 2020-2021 school year.
Work Location: Majority of work will be remote but must be available to work out of the Saint Paul, MN office on occasion
GovDocs serves companies in building and executing their employment law compliance programs in two primary ways:
- Employment Law Posting Service: We manage all the complexities of identifying and providing the required set of employment law postings from the 1,500+ potential postings across the U.S. and Canada. Using proprietary technology, we allow companies to manage, track and verify postings at each of their locations – including our patent pending PosterCheck technology. Our Employment Law Posting Update service is used by almost 20% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the Fortune 100.
- Employment Law Compliance Software Solutions: This is a first to market Software-as-a-Service starting with our Minimum Wage product and Paid Leave products, which allow companies to identify and track which laws apply to their locations and employees, then provides all relevant data to make decisions. This service was created in response to requests from some of our largest customers who recognized that employment law expansion across and variances between jurisdictions (Federal, State and Local) were too difficult to manually track.
GovDocs has grown revenue annually by 20% since 2008 with a 96% customer retention rate, primarily due to our Postings Update Program both obtaining and retaining customers – as employment law postings are required by law, every company has an existing provider. Our Software Solutions are an entirely new line of business that gives us great growth potential to create a full Employment Law Compliance (ELC) platform of solutions, it is also challenging us to reinvent how we view urgency, innovation and teamwork.
Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Business Analyst Intern is responsible for analyzing different areas of the business, creating business processes, conducting research, analyzing data, writing reports, and making recommendations to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
The Business Analyst Intern will develop long-term relationships with leadership and project stakeholders and develop an understanding of the business requirements and goals.
- Analyze business goals, objectives, and needs
- Help plan and design business processes and make recommendations for improvement
- Perform research and analysis in support of business operations
- Assist in resolving business issues using systems and data
- Estimate costs and benefits of multiple actions and/or solutions and provide recommendations
- Help launch new initiatives
- May perform additional projects upon request
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in Business Administration or related major
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skill
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Analytical and Creative Mind
- Effective time management skills and the ability to prioritize work assignments
Compensation will include an hourly rate of pay. This position is not bonus or benefit eligible.