POSITION: Respiratory Therapist Student Intern
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part time .3-.4 (24-32 hours per pay period)
WORK SCHEDULE: Days, Evenings
DEPARTMENT: Respiratory Therapy
The Respiratory Therapy Student Intern is directly accountable to the Respiratory Therapist (RT) and under the general supervision of the Supervisor/Manager.
1. Responsible for assisting in providing respiratory care.
2. Performing technical respiratory treatments.
3. Administer medications and treatments based on patient outcomes, and provider orders, under appropriate supervision.
4. Delivers and assesses patient response to ordered therapy.
5. Monitors, documents, and communicates patient condition.
6. Provides patient education for diseases, medications, and treatment.
7. Assist in maintaining and cleaning of Respiratory Equipment.
8. Maintaining and monitoring of Respiratory Inventory
1. Education: Currently enrolled in the second year and academically in good standing of an accredited Respiratory Therapy Program.
2. Experience: N/A
3. Licensure/Certifications/Registration: BLS Certification with a designation of either BLS Provider or Healthcare Provider from either the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
1. Education: Attendance at pulmonary focused conferences
2. Experience: Prior work in the medical field
3. Licensure/Certification/Registration: ACLS, NRP or PALS