Position Title: Certified Peer Support Specialist
Classification: Full-Time Hourly, Non-Exempt
Location: Scott County Residential, 12390 Ottawa Ave, Savage, MN 55378
Salary Range: $17.17 – $20.20 Hourly
Guild believes that dignity is a basic human right- which is why we work hard to connect individuals to proper mental health treatment, competitive employment, and stable housing. We serve individuals 16 and older who are experiencing serve and persistent mental illness, mental illness concerns, and chronic homelessness. On any given day, Guild staff serves nearly 900 individuals in the Twin Cities metro area. Services are mobile, provided in the community when and where needed. By looking at the holistic wellness of each client we serve, we are able to facilitate healing, growth, and new quality of life.
This position is responsible to provide supportive services to recipients through building individuals’ strengths, directing efforts to assist people managing their mental health, assisting with stabilizing acute and crisis situations and assisting with skill building towards increased independence.
• Mental illness and the needs of people with mental illness
• Living skills such as basic hygiene & nutrition, housekeeping, budgeting and using public transportation and community resources.
• Oral and written communication.
• Human relations including an understanding of and respect for boundaries, values, and personal differences.
• Organization and time management.
• Self-motivate and prioritize tasks on a daily basis.
• Empower and respect recipients as unique individuals.
• Establish effective working relationships that maintain appropriate resident/staff boundaries.
• Teach living skills to recipients.
• Problem solve by identifying and implementing an effective solution.
• Be flexible and adapt to changing conditions in the workplace
• Demonstrate compassion and respect for people.
• Promote an inclusive, diverse, culturally competent and respectful work environment.
• Coordinate work with others as part of a team to deliver quality services to clients.
• Assess an individual’s potential for self injury or injury of others.
• Intervene in crisis situations and facilitate stabilization.
Education and Experiences:
B. Education and Experience
The Certified Peer Support Specialist shall be qualified under Minnesota law as a Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker as follows:
• Is at least 21 years of age.
• Has a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Has successfully completed 30 hours of training during the past two years in the designated areas.
• Has an associate of arts degree in one of the behavioral sciences or human services, or is a registered nurse without a bachelor’s degree, or who within the previous ten years has:
o Three years of personal life experience with serious and persistent mental illness,
o Three years of life experience as a primary caregiver to an adult with a serious mental illness or traumatic brain injury, OR
o 4,000 hours of supervised paid work experience in the delivery of mental health services to adults with a serious mental illness or traumatic brain injury.
Must be a Certified Peer Recovery Specialist
Mental Health Practitioner is preferred.