Position Title: Community Support Specialist
Classification: 16 Hours Per Pay Period – Every other Saturday and Sunday
Location: Delancey Apartments – 700 Selby Ave, St. Paul, MN 55104
Salary Range: $17.17 – $20.20 Per Hour
About Guild Incorporated:
Guild Incorporated believes that dignity is a basic human right—which is why we work hard to connect individuals to proper mental health treatment, competitive employment, and stable housing. We serve individuals 16 and older who are experiencing severe and persistent mental illness, mental illness concerns, and chronic homelessness. On any given day, Guild staff serves nearly 900 individuals in the Twin Cities metro area. Services are mobile, provided in the community when and where needed. By looking at the holistic wellness of each client we serve, we are able to facilitate healing, growth, and a new quality of life.
Delancey Apartments offers tenancy support for individuals to help maintain their housing, complete needed renewal paperwork, community integration and resources
The Community Support Specialist will assist individuals in one-on-one settings in their apartment and in the community.
You will provide support to individuals with a disabling condition and history of long-term or chronic homelessness to provide a variety of activities, including daily living skills, money management, appointments, community integration and
following their housing support plans. Candidates will have a desire to create lasting positive impacts on people’s lives and enjoy coaching, mentoring, and encouraging others to reach their goals.
Education and Experience:
• Qualified as a Community Health Worker, Peer Support Specialist, Case Management Associate, or, Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker – all defined in Minnesota Statutes.
• Minimum of two year’s personal, or working experience related to the SPMI/SMI population, substance abuse, and/or the homeless population.
– A valid MN Class ‘D’ Driver’s License, reliable vehicle, satisfactory driving record and necessary insurance.
– Must not have received services from Guild Incorporated within the last two years.
• Two year’s experience in either a housing related field or social services, working with individuals with Serious and Persistent Mental Illness and the homeless population.