Position Title: Electronic Health Records (EHR) Support Specialist
Location: Guild Administration, 130 South Wabasha Street, St Paul, MN
Salary Range: $47,476 – $50,500 Annually
Guild believes that dignity is a basic human right- which is why we work hard to connect individuals to proper mental health treatment, competitive employment, and stable housing. We serve individuals 16 and older who are experiencing serve and persistent mental illness, mental illness concerns, and chronic homelessness. On any given day, Guild staff serves nearly 900 individuals in the Twin Cities metro area. Services are mobile, provided in the community when and where needed. By looking at the holistic wellness of each client we serve, we are able to facilitate healing, growth, and new quality of life.
Guild is growing! With the recent launch of our rebrand and new website, we are more ready than ever to expand our services. With the expansion of services, administrative teams are growing to support them. Our Quality Improvement team is just one new program… but we think it’s the most exciting! We support Guild’s clinical services by providing technical assistance and guidance for the EHR, develop and implement best practices, and ensure accurate data input to generate accurate reports for internal and exrnal stakeholders.
The EHR Support Specialist works closely with the Informatics Specialist to maintain and optimize Guild Services’ Electronic Health Record (EHR); and provides technical assistance and training to the clinical staff. This position reports to the Quality Improvement Manager and works as a part of the Quality Improvement Department to ensure efficient and effective use of the EHR.
• Develop and provide basic EHR training and support to clinical staff.
• Monitor and troubleshoot EHR-related Help Desk tickets and track ongoing or known issues.
• Manage user access to EHR.
• Support data collection and reports as part of the Quality Improvement Team.
• Collaborate with clinical leaders and Informatics Specialist to maintain, develop, and implement forms, templates, and other clinical documents in the EHR.
• Participates in EHR and other organizational committees as a subject matter expert.
• Design, build, test, and document EHR workflows, analyses, additions or changes, and system updates.
• Follow and monitor EHR best practices and assist the Quality Improvement (QI) Department to identify workflow or process improvements to meet proposed best practices.
• Plans, executes, monitors, and manages other projects as assigned.
Education and Experiences:
• SQL Databases
• Microsoft products and Office 365
• EHR or similar processes and best practices
• Provisions of Minnesota Government Data Practices, Federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) laws and records best practices
• Basic IT terminology and infrastructure
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Organization and time management.
• Customer service and support.
• Project management.
• Communicate effectively and efficiently across various disciplines.
• Give attention to detail.
• Find creative and efficient solutions for identified needs or problems.
• Meet deadlines, be self-motivated, manage multiple priorities, and prioritize initiatives for action.
• Provide instruction and direction to people with various levels of technical expertise.
• Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Protect the confidentiality of the organization, human resources, and client information.
B. Required Education and Experience
• A Bachelor’s or Associate degree in behavioral sciences, business, or computer science or similar.
• A minimum of one-year work experience managing or maintaining health record database or similar.
C. Desired Education and Experience
• Experience within the electronic records management field, behavioral health field, or IT field.
• Preferred experience with SQL queries.
• Experience planning or leading systems use training for staff.
D. Other Work-Related Requirements
• A valid Driver’s License, reliable vehicle, satisfactory driving record and necessary insurance.
• Must not be actively receiving services from Guild Incorporated and must not have received services within the last two years.