Headway is looking for accountable and decisive team members who want to make a dynamic and lasting impact in their communities. We are a passionate and responsive social enterprise making a difference in the lives of over 20,000 families and individuals throughout the Twin Cities metro area each year. We pride ourselves on bringing innovative, dimensional solutions to mental health challenges while continually learning new and better ways to provide care. Our mission is to empower people of all ages to live an emotionally healthy life.
As a Day Treatment Coordinator you’ll have the opportunity to increase the quality of the day treatment program within our Hopkins location by assisting the program supervisor. You’ll be part of developing relationships between school and community partners, assessing client-program fit and hiring and supporting mental health workers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Oversee daily programming
- Participate in daily meetings, consult with therapists and educational team, have presence in the milieu
- Develop group curriculum, plan and oversee groups during day treatment hours
2. Provide therapeutic services to client and their families
- Carry a caseload of up to four individuals and their families and maintain weekly individual and bi-weekly family therapy with caseload
- Develop and maintain all related paperwork for caseload (intake summaries, treatment plans, case notes, discharge summaries)
3. Coordination with educational team
- Upon Supervisor’s request, you’ll be coordinating with the education team which may include participation in weekly meetings with educational program facilitator; providing leadership to educational team to promote partnership, collaboration, and operational standards
- Coordinates hours and flow of the school day.
- Oversees weekly meeting with teachers and mental health workers and teachers and therapist.
4. Program intakes and census management
- Participate in and/or lead clinical interviews; write synopses in preparation for admission; in conjunction with the day treatment supervisor
- Track attendance monthly
- Organizes client graduations from program.
5. Lead, mentor, supervise and develop staff
- Provide clinical and administrative supervision for mental health workers, student interns, and clinically supervise therapist(s) as assigned.
- Track productivity on a weekly basis
- Evaluate staff and interns as needed
- Manage performance and clinical outcomes for mental health workers and interns with an emphasis on staff development
- Complete all required paperwork consistent with organizational and Rule 29 and 47 guidelines; follow and enforce all agency policies and procedures.
- Develop and conduct trainings inter and intra agency wide
- Assist day treatment supervisor in conducting the semi-annual peer review and completes paperwork summary.
- Co-lead team meetings and co-facilitate team processes; take the lead in the absence of the supervisor.
- Maintain current licensure and follow requirements of supervision.
6. Service Area marketing
- Respond to external requests from the community for school district meetings, community meetings and speaking engagements, as available. Assist in marketing program
- Attend and participate with the Hennepin County day treatment providers group and AspireMN CTSS group as requested by management
- Assist with completion of quarterly reporting of program outcomes in conjunction with the Day Treatment Supervisor
Follow and enforce all agency policies and procedures.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in a mental health field which may include Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Clinical Social Work
- Licensed as a Mental Health Professional (LICSW, LP, LPCC, LMFT)
- 2+ Years experience with individual and family therapy
- Within six months of hired eligible to become a board-approved clinical supervisor
- 1+ Years clinical experience working with adolescents and families
- Experience with completing Diagnostics and Treatment plans
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience working on a multi-dimensional team
- High degree of organization
Preferred, but not required
- 1+ years in a Day Treatment, Residential Treatment or Level 3-4 Special Education setting
- 1+ years Supervision or Team Lead
- 1+ years experience with adolescents and families
- 1+ years group therapy experience
- Board approved to provide clinical supervision
- Must have their own car for work
- Able to work evening hours
- 1+ years experience working with trauma
- Knowledge of CTSS, 29, 47 state rules and guidelines
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High degree of organization and ability to work independently and take initiative
- Demonstrated attention to detail, as well as to identify and address larger systematic issues
- Ability to collaborate and utilize the skills of program team and other staff
- Ability to manage time efficiently in order to ensure paperwork is completed on time and completed correctly
- Ability to work in a fast paced, sometimes stressful environment. Ability to think on your feet during a crisis
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.