OPENING DATE: 06/29/20
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
JOB TYPE: Limited Duration: Regular Sched (FT with benefits)
LOCATION: Varies, Minnesota
DEPARTMENT: County Administration
We’re hiring multiple Community Health Workers to support Hennepin County’s COVID-19 response efforts. These positions will provide critical support to all of the following areas: mobile testing and infection prevention, contact tracing and case investigation, and temporary isolation housing for seniors/high-risk individuals experiencing homelessness.
Location and Hours:
These positions will be at various community locations in Hennepin County as well as remote for phone calls. Applicants must be available to work 40 hours per week in a variety of shifts including days, evenings, and weekends.
About these positions type:
These positions are limited duration (temporary), full-time, benefit earning positions through the end of 2020.
In these positions, you will support three areas:
- Mobile Testing and Infection Prevention
- Coordinate testing events and outreach with facilities in need of testing or follow-up services including:
- Deliver infection prevention education and assistance.
- Assist with on-site testing at identified facilities and hand-off to testing center.
- Contact Tracing and Investigation
- Contact individuals who are confirmed COVID-19 positive via telephone.
- Complete a detailed interview.
- Complete accurate data entry of interviews into an online web application in a timely manner.
- Isolation and Quarantine Support
- Lead meal distribution.
- Conduct attendance at mealtimes.
- Conduct room safety checks.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and healthy environment.
- Provide language assistance, when needed/possible.
- Go off-site to purchase supplies as needed for residents.
Need to have:
- The ability to:
- Interact effectively and respectfully with clients/customers in need.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Experience providing service to clients and/or customers in person and by telephone.
- Experience and skill in data entry.
- Access to internet to perform required remote work from a non-county location.
- A work location within your home where confidential client calls can be performed daily without interruption.
- A valid driver’s license and daily access to reliable transportation to travel to locations within Hennepin County.
- The ability to lift up to 25 lbs. with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of and willingness to work with individuals experiencing homelessness.
- Knowledge of Public Health.
- Ability to speak Spanish, Somali, Oromo, and Hmong in addition to English preferred.
- NOTE: Individuals who have completed the Human Services, Healthcare Clerical or Office Specialist Pathway Training Program are encouraged to apply.
About the department:
Hennepin County Administration leads the Hennepin County organization in carrying out the policies of the Hennepin County Board of Commissioners.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals — that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This posting will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
The list created from this posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
These positions are internally classified a Community Health Worker.
Click here to view the Community Health Worker job classification specification.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.
Final candidates may be required to complete a drug test, background and/or driver’s license check.