HPA is seeking a full-time Biopsy Tech Transcriptionist. The position is a part-time opportunity with approximately 3 hours of work per day, in the afternoon to early evening. As a Biopsy Tech Transcriptionist, you will facilitate the gross examination of GI biopsy specimens’ in the Pathology Laboratory. The position offers a unique perspective into diagnostic pathology’s responsibilities and challenges, and a chance to work alongside accomplished pathologists and other healthcare professionals.
Job duties include primarily data entry for each individual anatomic pathology specimen processed in the laboratory. This gross description, data entry, is a critical part of the pathology laboratory diagnostic process.
This position is within MNGI Digestive Health at its laboratory located in Maplewood, MN.
Job Specific Duties:
- Arrives at 3:30 PM and typically departs around 6:30-7 PM, Monday-Friday
- Facilitates specimen gross examination by transcribing data from the Pathology Tech/Pathologists’ Assistant, who is directly handling the tissue specimens
- Data entry is into the pathology reporting template of the MNGI electronic medical record
- Manages paperwork and appropriately flags cases for cancer prioritization processing
- Manage specimen volume (case/block) counts at the end of the session and enters data in group calendar and text message
Prerequisites and Required Skills:
- Currently enrolled in or graduated from a 4-year undergraduate degree program
- Highly proficient with computers and technology
- Strong communication skills
- High-level of enthusiasm and client-service orientation
- Organized and detailed-oriented