Shift: Monday – Friday, 6:00am – 2:30pm
The Cycle Counter is responsible for counting all the various inventory items, investigating any discrepancies and correcting any errors and communicating those errors to the supervisor. Majority of the work will be performed utilizing a forklift or other power operated equipment, with limited periods of time walking or sitting at a desk. As well as any other task or duty assigned by the supervisor or manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform cycle counts within a given time frame.
- Operate a forklift and/or pallet jack to move product.
- Move stock to and from inventory warehouse in an organized and timely manner.
- Help with loading/unloading trucks or product put-away at the receiving/shipping docks, as needed.
- Maintain quality control of data, item numbers, digits, barcodes, weights and measures and Bin locations
- Properly secure, label, and put away product in warehouse bin.
- Move materials to and from the receiving dock, warehouse, production floor, or other locations following FIFO inventory practices.
- Maintain accurate bin locations and inventory quantities.
- Conduct cycle counts to ensure the consistency and accuracy of all items.
- Investigate and determine the root cause of inventory discrepancies and suggest corrective actions to process/procedure to eliminate future occurrences.
- Ensure a smooth flow of inventory items to the production floor through open communication with scheduling, supervisors, production, and other departments.
- Accurately communicate job progress with other employees and supervisors especially during a shift change.
- Work collaboratively with co-workers in a team environment.
- Work closely with teams/departments to create an environment that supports workflow and continuous improvements.
- Communicate issues timely to supervisors and managers.
- Accept work direction from and supervisors and managers.
Maintain good safety and sanitation practices.
- Always follow safety procedures and guidelines during forklift operation to ensure a safe working environment.
- Complete daily forklift inspection form and report any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Retain procedural training and follow as directed for safe operation.
- Maintain neat and organized warehouse. Keep aisles clear of unused product, pallets, and other debris.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1 year of stand-up forklift experience with active certification within previous 12 months of application.
- Must be Certified by ILLUME to drive a stand-up forklift and turret truck within 15 days of hire or promotion into the position.
- Previous warehouse /manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to use scanning device and pay attention to detail to ensure accuracy
- Ability to work independently from work direction and meet timelines
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to understand written and verbal instruction and basic math
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must
- Be able to hear, speak, and use hands for fine manipulation.
- The employee is regularly required to stand and/or sit for extended periods while driving different types of forklifts.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds, bend, stoop, reach, carry, push, and/or walk.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and/or color vision for inspection and/or assembly.
- The employee must be able to work in a highly fragranced environment.
- This role operates in a manufacturing environment where the noise level is loud or moderate.
- The employee will be exposed to moving machinery (forklifts).
- In a manufacturing environment, pedestrian traffic is high and being aware of your surroundings is critical.
ILLUME is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are not accepting candidate profiles from agencies at this time and this role is not open for relocation assistance. Candidates must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. without sponsorship.
ILLUME participates in E-Verify. Through participation in the E-Verify program, ILLUME electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number of all new hires
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.